If you’re reading this, it’s safe to assume that you’re a fan of the UTEP Miners and the community we’ve built here at Miner Rush. Here’s your opportunity to be a bigger part of Miner Rush and its future.
As you know, site manager Alex Nicolas has made the difficult decision to step down from his role at Miner Rush. That means the site is in need of new leadership, and that’s where you come in.
The new site manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Miners news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management regarding site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
Our best site manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Miners and news.
- Already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in the Miner Rush community.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be a self-starter and comfortable working in a remote environment.
This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply. To apply, please click here and submit a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample.
If you have questions about this role, Miner Rush, or SB Nation, please reach out to SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, Jeanna Thomas, at firstname.lastname@example.org.