With the 182nd overall pick, and 39th in the 5th round of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers have selected UTEP running back Aaron Jones.
Jones, the Miners all-time leading rusher and All-American, ran for 4,114 yards in his UTEP career to go along with 33 career rushing touchdowns.
The 5’9, 208 pound play maker is the second straight UTEP running back to be drafted joining Marcus Thomas, and he’s also just the fourth Miner drafted since the 2008 Draft in which three UTEP players were drafted.
He ranks second among all-purpose yards leaders in school history, leaving UTEP with one year of eligibility, and will go down as one of the most decorated players in UTEP Football history.
Jones’ list of honors while at UTEP
- 2016 Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Watch List
- 2016 All-C-USA First Team
- 2016 AP All-American Third Team
- 2016 Maxwell Award Watch List
- 2016 Doak Walker Watch List
- 2016 Athlon Sports Preseason All-C-USA Second Team
- 2016 Dave Campbell's Preseason All-Texas Second Team
- 2015 All-C-USA Honorable Mention
- 2015 All-C-USA Preseason First Team
- 2015 Preseason Dave Campbell All-Texas College Best Running Back
- 2015 Maxwell Award Watch List
- 2014 All-C-USA Second Team
- 2014 Dave Campbell Texas Running Back of the Year
- 2014 Dave Campbell Player of the Year Honorable Mention
- 2014 Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Semifinalist
- Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award National Player of the Week
- Honorable Mention (11/18/14 & 9/2/14)
- 2014 C-USA Commissioner's Honor Roll
- 2013 Athlon Sports Freshman All-America Third Team
- 2013 College Football News All-Freshman Honorable Mention
- 2013 C-USA All-Freshman Team
Now the El Paso native can check off 2017 NFL Draft pick off his long list of accomplishments as he heads to Green Bay for the next chapter in his storied career.