Tip off Info
UTEP Miners (2-12, 0-2) at Southern Miss Golden Eagles (4-10, 1-1)
Reed Green Coliseum, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
3:00 p.m. Mountain Time
Streaming: C-USA TV ($$)
Radio: 92.3 FM The Fox in El Paso, or UTEP Miners IMG Sports Network on TuneIn, (Jon Teicher/Steve Yellen)
ABOUT SOUTHERN MISS
- The Golden Eagles ended a nine-game losing skid with a 77-59 victory over UTSA on Thursday.
- Southern Miss got a major boost from the return of senior guard Khari Price, who made his season debut versus the Roadrunners. Price played 31 minutes and tied for game-high scoring honors with 20 points. He made 7-of-12 shots and 4-of-4 free throws while adding five rebounds and three assists.
- With Price back in the lineup, the Golden Eagles scored 77 points. It marked the first time they have topped 70 points since opening the season with a 101-96, double overtime victory over Tougaloo. In fact, in each of the previous 12 games Southern Miss failed to exceed 64 points.
- A Dayton transfer in his second year at Southern Miss, Price averaged 9.6 points per game in 2015-16 while starting 29 times. He was 10-for-10 from the line against UTEP on Jan. 28, 2016 in Hattiesburg.
- Senior guard/forward Quinton Campbell is second on the team in scoring in 2016-17, averaging 11.5 points per game. Campbell also put 20 points on the board against UTSA, making 8-of-12 shots.
- Sophomore guard Cortez Edwards made his fifth start of the season versus the Roadrunners and supplied his first career double-double with 13 points and 13 rebounds.
- The Golden Eagles trailed by six (39-33) at halftime but outscored UTSA 44-20 over the last 20 minutes. Southern Miss held UTSA to 21.4 percent (6-for-28) shooting in the second half, including 0-for-11 from three-point range. Southern Miss shot 53.6 percent in the second half, 50.9 percent for the game and scored 32 points in the paint.
- The Golden Eagles are 4-3 at home this season and 0-7 outside of Hattiesburg.