Tip off Info
UTSA Roadrunners (9-9, 4-1) at UTEP Miners (4-13, 2-3)
Don Haskins Center, El Paso, Texas
7:05 p.m. Mountain Time
Streaming: C-USA TV ($$)
Vegas says: UTEP is a -2.5 point favorite
Radio: 92.3 FM The Fox in El Paso, or UTEP Miners IMG Sports Network on TuneIn, (Jon Teicher/Steve Yellen)
UTEP's LONE STAR DOMINANCE
- UTEP is 28-2 in home games versus Conference USA Texas schools since joining the league for the 2005-06 season.
- The breakdown by opponent is as follows: SMU (8-0), Houston (7-1), Rice (8-1), UTSA (3-0) and North Texas (2-0).
- The Miners haven't dropped a home game to a C-USA school from Texas since Feb. 29, 2012, when Rice spoiled the Miners' "Senior Day" with a 68-61 triumph. The homecourt win streak over C-USA Texas schools stands at 11 games.
- UTEP leads the series 9-3. The Miners are 5-2 versus the Roadrunners since they joined the league for the 2013-14 season.
- UTEP is 6-1 versus the Roadrunners in the Sun City. The Miners hosted UTSA during the 1981-82 (won 65-37), 1997-98 (won 71-62), 1998-99 (won 78-61), 2011-12 (lost 73-64), 2013-14 (won 81-62), 2014-15 (won 69-62) and 2015-16 (won 81-74) seasons.