Tip off Info
Florida Atlantic Owls (5-10, 1-3) at UTEP Miners (3-13, 1-3)
Don Haskins Center, El Paso, Texas
7:05 p.m. Mountain Time
Streaming: C-USA TV ($$)
Vegas says: UTEP is a -1.5 point favorite
Radio: 92.3 FM The Fox in El Paso, or UTEP Miners IMG Sports Network on TuneIn, (Jon Teicher/Steve Yellen)
ABOUT FLORIDA ATLANTIC
- The Owls are 1-4 on the road, but have an impressive 79-77, overtime victory at Ohio State (Dec. 6) under their belt.
- Florida Atlantic lost at Hawaii (64-63), UT Martin (82-81), Miami (76-56) and UTSA (68-63) in its league road opener on Thursday.
- The Owls are averaging 70.7 points as a team and have eight players averaging between six and 11 points.
- Senior guard Adonis Filer leads the way, contributing 10.5 ppg, followed by sophomore guard Nick Rutherford (10.0 ppg), junior center Ronald Delph (9.7 ppg), sophomore guard Justin Massey (9.6 ppg), freshman forward Jailyn Ingram (8.6 ppg) and junior guard Gerdarius Troutman (7.9 ppg). - Delph is third in C-USA in field goal percentage (.582), seventh in blocks (1.3 bpg) and eighth in rebounding (7.7 rpg).
- The Owls led by as many as 11 points in the first half of Thursday's loss at UTSA. The Roadrunners outscored Florida Atlantic 40-30 in the second half and scored 16 points off 12 turnovers by the Owls. Troutman scored a team-high 16 points in 16 minutes off the bench for FAU, making five three pointers.
- UTEP leads the Florida Atlantic series 3-1, including a clean sweep during the 2015-16 season. The Miners beat the Owls in El Paso (71-56) and Boca Raton (89-82).
- The Miners are 1-1 versus the Owls in El Paso. Florida Atlantic snapped UTEP's eight-game C-USA win streak on Feb. 13, 2014, when Marquan Botley banked in a three-pointer at the buzzer for a 71-69 win.