Tip off Info
UTEP Miners (2-10) at UTSA Roadrunners (5-8)
Convocation Center, San Antonio, Texas
2 p.m. Mountain Time
TV: Spectrum Sports, DirecTV channel 691
Vegas says: UTSA is a -2 point favorite
Radio: 92.3 FM The Fox in El Paso, or UTEP Miners IMG Sports Network on TuneIn, (Jon Teicher/Steve Yellen)
- UTEP leads the series 9-2. The Miners are 5-1 versus the Roadrunners since they joined the league for the 2013-14 season.
- UTEP is 3-1 when playing at UTSA, although the Roadrunners raced past the Miners, 71-67, in the last meeting at the Convocation Center a year ago.
- The Roadrunners have a new head coach, Steve Henson, a former long-time assistant to Lon Kruger. Henson's coaching background includes stints at Illinois (1999-2000), South Florida (2003-04), UNLV (2004-11) and Oklahoma (2011-16). Henson also was an advance scout and assistant coach with the NBA's Atlanta Hawks.
- The Roadrunners have 11 letterwinners and four starters back from last year's squad that finished 5-27 overall and 3-15 in Conference USA play.
- While UTSA went 5-8 in the non-conference portion of its schedule, it was 5-0 at the Convocation Center with victories over Prairie View A&M (69-59), Texas State (63-48), Southeastern Oklahoma State (88-69), Utah Valley (66-60) and East Central (79-75).
- UTSA is one of three remaining C-USA teams that are unbeaten at home, along with Marshall (7-0) and WKU (5-0).