Tip off Info
UTEP Miners (2-9) at NMSU Aggies (12-2)
Pan American Center, Las Cruces, New Mexico
7 p.m. Mountain Time
TV: FOX Sports Arizona, Fox Sports Southwest Plus, Altitude TV (2), Fox College Sports Pacific, DIRECTV channel 686 and DISH Network channel 415.
Radio: 92.3 FM The Fox in El Paso, or UTEP Miners IMG Sports Network on TuneIn, (Jon Teicher/Steve Yellen)
- NM State leads the series 109-103.
- The Aggies have won seven of the last eight games between the long-time rivals.
- This is the 100th meeting between the teams in Las Cruces (NMSU leads 59-40) and the 50th at the Pan American Center (NMSU leads 28-21).
- UTEP's last win in Las Cruces was on Nov. 30, 2010 (74-72).
ABOUT NM STATE
- The Aggies are 9-0 at the Pan American Center this season with an average margin of victory of 17.2 points.
- NM State has won 18 straight at the Pan American Center dating back to December of last year.
- NM State ranks 17th nationally in free throw attempts (355), 19th in free throws made (252) and 30th in three-point field goal percentage defense (.295).
- Junior guard Braxton Huggins is 15th in the NCAA in three-point field goal percentage (.481).
- NM State averages 78.1 ppg with five players averaging double figures in scoring -- senior guard Ian Baker (14.7 ppg), Huggins (13.9 ppg), injured sophomore guard Sidy N'Dir (13.7 ppg), junior forward Jemerrio Jones (10.9 ppg) and sophomore forward Eli Chuha (10.6 ppg).
- Chuha and Jones average 8.1 and 7.9 rebounds respectively.