Tip off Info
Northwestern State (3-4) vs UTEP (1-3)
Don Haskins Center, El Paso, Texas
7 p.m. Mountain Time
Streaming: C-USA TV ($$)
Radio: 92.3 FM The Fox in El Paso, or UTEP Miners IMG Sports Network on TuneIn, (Jon Teicher/Steve Yellen)
- UTEP leads the series 4-1, including 3-0 in El Paso.
ABOUT NORTHWESTERN STATE
- The Demons have played this season without senior guard Jalan West, the school's all-time leader for assists (614) and three-point field goals (206). West, who ranks third in school history in steals (219) and sixth in scoring (1,592 points), underwent his second knee surgery in nine months in August and is serving as a student coach this season.
- Senior guard Zeek Woodley leads the team, averaging 18.7 points per game while shooting 50.5 percent from the field, 43.2 percent from three and 87.5 percent from the line.
- Sophomore forward/center Ishmael Lane contributes 11.0 ppg. Senior guard Tra'von Joseph is the squad's top rebounder at 7.4 per outing.
- Junior guard Iziahiah Sweeney (4.9 ppg) played previously at East Los Angeles College -- where future Miner Roderick Williams currently plays -- and played his prep ball at the same high school (Compton) as current Miner Chris Barnes, although they were never teammates.
- The Demons also have a freshman forward/center (Colby Koontz) sitting out due to concussion issues who hails from the same hometown (Enid, Okla.) as UTEP coaching legend Don Haskins.
- Northwestern State ranks eighth nationally in offensive rebounds, averaging 15.7 per game. Five Demons have double-digit offensive boards on the year led by Joseph with 17.