Tip off Info
UC Irvine Anteaters (5-9) at UTEP Miners (2-8)
Don Haskins Center, El Paso, Texas
5 p.m. Mountain Time
Vegas says: UC Irvine is a -4.5 point favorite
Radio: 92.3 FM The Fox in El Paso, or UTEP Miners IMG Sports Network on TuneIn, (Jon Teicher/Steve Yellen)
- UTEP fell to 71-12 under Tim Floyd when opponents shoot less than 40 percent with Wednesday's loss to Maryland Eastern Shore.
- The Miners' record under Floyd when outrebounding opponents dropped to 74-14 with Wednesday's defeat.
- UTEP is 48-3 under Floyd when holding the opponent under 40 percent shooting and winning the battle of the boards. The other losses came to NM State and Middle Tennessee during the 2014-15 season.
- Jake Flaggert led the Miners in assists on Wednesday, snapping Dominic Artis' string of 12 straight games (dating back to 2015-16) pacing the team in the category.
- Dominic Artis' streak of seven straight games leading the team in steals was also halted on Wednesday as Trey Touchet posted a team-high two takeaways.
- Paul Thomas scored in double figures for the first time as a Miner in his 32nd career game on Wednesday (13 points).
- Jake Flaggert secured a career-high nine rebounds against Maryland Eastern Shore, and Omega Harris matched his personal best with six boards. Flaggert drew another charge against Maryland Eastern Shore on Wednesday, giving him eight this season and 32 in his career.
- Omega Harris played the full 40 minutes versus Maryland Eastern Shore, a career high. Harris is two three-point field goals shy of 100 for his career, and with five more he will tie Kevin Henderson (103) for 15th place in school history.
- Over the last two games, the Miners have shot 83.9 percent (26-for-31) from the line.