Tip off Info
Northern Arizona Lumberjacks (2-9) at UTEP Miners (2-6)
Don Haskins Center, El Paso, Texas
7 p.m. Mountain Time
Streaming: C-USA TV ($$)
Vegas says: UTEP is -12 point favorite
Radio: 92.3 FM The Fox in El Paso, or UTEP Miners IMG Sports Network on TuneIn, (Jon Teicher/Steve Yellen)
ABOUT NORTHERN ARIZONA
- Northern Arizona is 2-9 on the season with victories over Benedictine Mesa (92-63) on Nov. 17 and Alabama State (71-57) on Nov. 25.
- NAU is led by sophomore guard Mike Green (11.3 ppg) and senior forward Jordyn Martin (10.4 ppg), although five Lumberjacks average over eight points per game.
- Martin is 26th in the NCAA in offensive rebounds per game (3.6) and averages 8.2 caroms per outing. He has three double-doubles this season, including 20 points/10 rebounds versus Arkansas-Little Rock on Wednesday.
- Northern Arizona has had its struggles offensively, shooting 35.4 percent from the field and 29.3 percent from three-point range. NAU's field goal percentage ranks 344th out of 347 Division I programs.
- The Lumberjacks have taken 294 three-point shots, 12th-most in the country, and an average of 26.7 attempts per contest.
- The Lumberjacks have allowed 77.8 points per contest as opponents have connected on 46 percent of their shot attempts.
- This is a young Northern Arizona team as 14 of the 18 players on the roster are either freshmen or sophomores.
- Several Northern Arizona athletic department staff members worked at UTEP previously, including Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics Lisa Campos, Senior Associate Athletics Director Darren D'Attilio and Associate Athletic Director for Marketing and Sales Todd Wyard.
- UTEP is 18-9 versus former Border Conference rival Northern Arizona.
- The teams haven't faced one another since the 1961-62 season, which was Don Haskins' first as the Miners' head coach.
- UTEP is 12-1 all-time versus NAU in El Paso and has won four straight over the Lumberjacks in the Sun City.