Tip off Time
Louisiana College at UTEP
7:00 p.m. Mountain Time
Streaming: C-USA TV ($$$)
- The series is tied 1-1.
- The teams first met on Jan. 7, 1978 at the Don Haskins Center with the Wildcats erasing a 34-27 halftime deficit and scoring a 55-54 upset.
- UTEP exacted some revenge on Dec. 23, 1980 by routing Louisiana College 88-60 in El Paso.
- In the last matchup between the schools the Miners registered 18 steals, the third-top total in school history.
ABOUT LOUISIANA COLLEGE
- While this is UTEP's regular season opener, it is the second of three exhibition games to open the campaign for Louisiana College. The Wildcats dropped a 103-68 decision at Louisiana Monroe on Monday and will play at McNeese State on Nov. 15 prior to their first regular season game against Millsaps College on Nov. 26.
- The Wildcats return three of their top five scorers from last year's squad.
- The top returnees are senior forward Raheem Regis (13.5 ppg in 2015-16), senior guard Kevin Cottonham (11.5 ppg) and senior forward Steve Evans (8.9 ppg). Cottonham played in just six games last season, compiling 22 assists and 10 turnovers, before receiving a medical redshirt.
- After starting the 2015-16 season 2-8, the Wildcats won 12 of their last 17 games.
- In the exhibition against Louisiana Monroe, Cottonham and sophomore guard/forward D'Aaron Davis each scored 13 points. Junior guard Torrian Lee dished out five assists in 18 minutes off the bench.
- The Wildcats comitted 23 turnovers that ULM exploited into 27 points.
- Louisiana College Head Coach Reni Mason played for Tim Floyd at New Orleans from 1992-94.
- Louisiana College Assistant Coach Jonathan Brooks was on Tim Floyd's UTEP staff from 2002-15 as a manager. He doubles as the school's men's and women's cross country coach.