Congratulations to former UTEP Miner safety Da'mon Cromartie-Smith who has signed a free-agent contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Cromartie-Smith finished 9th in the nation last year in tackles and had an impressive pro-day workout. More on Cromartie-Smith's pro day workout here.
I'm monitoring the NFL Free agent wires. So far, the only Miner to sign a contract is Da'mon Cromartie-Smith.
AM Update: Miner WR Receiver Jeff Moturi has signed with the Green Bay Packers (per Miner Illustrated and EPT Twitter). Moturi had as productive a career as possible at UTEP. He is a bit undersized (just over 5'11) but has good speed and an ability to make plays after the catch.
Here are his pro-day numbers.
WR Jeff Moturi ran 4.42 and 4.43 in the 40, had a 30 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 9-10 broad jump, a 4.24 short shuttle, a 6.76 three-cone drill and did 18 bench press reps.
Expect updates periodically on this thread.
Conference USA Players Who Have Signed Free Agent NFL Contracts
- Da'mon Cromartie-Smith (S) has signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Jeff Moturi (WR) has signed with the Green Bay Packers
- Cornelius Brown (CB) has signed with the Chicago Bears
- Mike Aguayo (OT): No contract, but Miner Illustrated reports Aguayo has a tryout with the Green Bay
- John Destin (CB) has signed with the Buffalo Bills
- Jeremy Williams (WR) has signed with the San Diego Chargers.
- Andre Anderson (RB) has signed with the Oakland Raiders
- Curtis Steele (RB) has signed with the Baltimore Ravens
Duke Calhoun (WR) has signed with the New York Giants
- Leroy Banks (TE) has signed with the Atlanta Falcons
- Tory Harrison (RB) has signed with the Green Bay Packers
- Albert McClellan (DE) has signed with the Baltimore Ravens
- Ashton Hall (S) has signed with the Ravens too
Jay Ross (DT) has signed with the New Orleans Saints
Am I missing someone? Please post it in the comments.