The UTEP Track team had a stellar showing at the NCAA West Preliminaries in Austin, TX this weekend. 14 Miners have qualified for the NCAA Championship Meet that will take place June 9-12 in Eugene, Oregon. The meet will be retiring Miner legend Bob KItchen's final as the head coach of UTEP's track team.
"Today we qualified both our relays and women in the hammer and 5,000m to nationals and that’s all that matters," head coach Bob Kitchens said. "We had a great. We did as much as we could do and more. Both our men and women just had an outstanding meet. I hope it carries over to nationals now."
- Men's 4 x 100m relay: Suji Adeniyan, Anderson Mutegi, Curtis Kock and Ronalds Arajs ran a 39.72
- Woman's 4 x 100 m relay: Shalaiyah Sommerville, Endurance Abinuwa, Siobhian Crain and Blessing Okagbare ran a 44.31 good for the second best time in Miner program history
- Woman's 5,000m run: Risper Kimaiyo
- Men's 400m run: Anderson Mutegi
- Men's 100m dash: Ronald Arajs
- Woman's 100m dash: Blessing Okagbare
- Woman's Long Jump: Blessing Okagbare
- Woman's Hammer Throw: Terran Alexander
- Javelin: Anna Wessman
- Hammer Throw: Dimitrios Fylladitakis and Hans Eriksson
- 3,000m steeplechase: Nicodemus Ng’etich in the 3,000m steeplechase.
Best of Luck to the Miners- Let's hope UTEP can send Bob Kitchens out with a bang.