The 2010 UTEP Football Season has been an up and down ride. The Miners peaked at 5-1 and looked like they could realize their potential and take the C-USA by storm. Then, a three game losing streak capped by a woeful performance at Marshall yanked UTEP back down to earth. Now, UTEP is very much in a playoff type situation. Win One to Play One More. Does Mike Price have one more trick up his sleeve?
The UTEP Miners vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane
- Tulsa is "Red Hot" and UTEP Athletics has all the numbers you need on the series.
- Trevor Vittatoe has started 47 straight games at UTEP.
- Mike Price says the Miners have Tulsa right where they want them.
- A nice feature on UTEP running backs Joseph Banyard and Leilyon Myers.
- The Tulsa World's Eric Bailey has a scenario where Tulsa could clinch the West division this week. TU needs SMU and Houston to lose and to beat UTEP themselves.
- Kyyote has a two part interview with the "Huntsville Duo" Adam Ayala and James Davidson. How about we call them "The Executioners?"
- Trevor Vittatoe did practice this week. In a Boot. Seriously.
- Phil Steele notes that UTEP gave Arkansas a better game than the score indicated.
Around the C-USA
- SMU and Marshall are playing for their bowl lives. Don't forget the Herd knocked off SMU last year in Huntington.
- This is SMU's third chance to take control of the West Division. Zach Line thinks it will be "pitiful" if the Mustangs don't take control by beating Marshall.
- Southern Miss has had a winning record in 17 straight seasons. Remarkable
- Josh Puga is asking the right question: Where is Michael Haynes?
- Luke Winn of CNNSI doesn't think Memphis should rely on too much from their remarkable freshman basketball class.
- Tulsa dismissed Glenn Andrews, a decent contributor, from their basketball team.
Too Good not to Share
- A UAB Fans letter to the editor: Please fire Neil Callaway.